Monday, July 28, 2008

Out of the darkness, comes the Knight.

I went to watch The Dark Knight last Saturday! It's really awesome. Out of so many superman, spiderman or whatever man, Batman is still my favourite so I'm kinda like a mini Batman fan as I love watching Batman since I was young.


**SPOILERS**

The Dark Knight opens with a bank heist sequence that highlights how the joker is always one step ahead of the criminals. Numerous men break into a bank controlled by the mob wearing clown masks and comment on how the Joker has put the whole thing together. The heist does not go to plan well at least not for all the gang. Then here comes the brilliant and funny parts...

Quotes for this part of the movie.

[while trying to disable the silent alarm for the Bank]
Dopey: That's funny, it didn't dial out to 911. It was trying to reach a private number.
Happy: Is there a problem?
Dopey: No, I'm done here.
[Happy shoots Dopey in the back]

----

[while trying to break into the bank vault]
Happy: They wired this thing up to about 5,000 Volts. What kind of bank does that?
Grumpy: A mob bank. I guess the Joker is as crazy as they say. Where's the alarm guy?
Happy: Boss told me when the guy was done I should take him out. One less share, right?

[Happy opens the vault.]
Grumpy: Funny. He told me something similar.
Happy: He, huh? No! *No!*
[Grumpy shoots Happy in the back.]

----

Grumpy: I'm bettin' The Joker told you to kill me soon as we loaded the cash.
The Joker: No, no. I killed the bus driver.
Grumpy: Bus driver? What bus driver?
[a school bus drives through the wall and kills Grumpy]

----

I really really love the performance by Heath Ledger as The Joker. Sadly, this was his final major performance as it shows a whole different side of him as a performer and I now know that he has endless talents. To watch him walk away from an exploding hospital dressed as a nurse is probably my favourite moment from the movie.


Do I still need to speak further? Go watch it if you have not. Oh man, I so want to watch it again. Perhaps I will buy the DVD when its out. This movie deserve a 10 out of 10.

I found lotsa of funny animated pic the the movie. I think I should just put them up.





No comments: