Wednesday, August 18, 2004

You have done well...

Mood: Semi- disappointed & semi - happy
Listening: Nothing

The Olympics badminton game just ended a few minutes ago. Susilo lost to the Thai player. It was rather disappointing. He lost 10 - 15 and 1 - 15! The second set was really a terrible result. Nevertheless, I did he has done his best. At least he have beaten China's World best! To able to get into the last 8 was quite an achievement but just not good enough to help Singapore to break the 40 years medal drought. My Dad was a great joker. He said that Susilo must be quarelling with his girlfriend, Li Jia Wei. She's a table tennis player. Maybe there's still a slim chance of hope?

Talking about doing well... I think I have done my best for my O level English Oral Examination. I really go all out to say whatever I want. I got the feeling that this was the best English oral I have ever done. For the reading section. I think I do quite ok. Although I do feel a little nervous but I'm still able to control my nerves and continue to read it smoothly. Not much mistakes as far as I know. I think I have done a better job than what I have done for my Chinese oral.

After the reading, I turned to the picture description part. I was rather stunned by the new syllabus! It's so different. I didn't even get to descript the picture much. The invigilator asked me what you think the teacher is telling the children. I said.........After saying my answer I tried to continue to describe the picture. Before I can continue to say, the invigilator suddenly popped another question. She asked me what I think those children will do after the teacher read the story to them. I answered that there might be 2 possibility...blah.... I think I talk quite a lot.

Finally, I ended my last sentence, the invigilator said:"Let's move to the conversation part." I was totally taken aback. I'm wondering, is that all? I have said all that I have prepared to say. Or did I say too much that the invigilator wanted me to shut up? Lol! I remembered Mr Fuad said that the invigilator usually will ask 3 questions but the teacher only asked me 2. I think the teacher really wanted me to shut up :x Lol!

Before going to the conversation part, the invigilator smiled at me and told me not to be panic and nervous. I was felt a little relief and smiled back. She's quite friendly after all. I remembered hearing Jiesi and Val's remarks about that Indian invigilator the moment they saw her face. Well, never judge a appearance by it's cover. Hehe!

At the conversation part, the invigilator asked when I feel lonely the most. I shared some of my 'lonely' experience and also crap a little. After all, it'll too dull to speak the truth. Lol! I also told them that loneliness is something that can’t be avoided because when we grow up we have to be independent and by that time our friends might not be there. Blah… Both invigilators nodded their head. That makes me really thrilled! Lol! I was like, wow, they agreed with me!! Haha! I crap after that. I somehow repeat my point by changing the sentence structure. Lol! I bet the invigilators don’t mind. Haha!

After that the invigilator asked me how I overcome my loneliness… I think I replied them with a convincing answered. Hopefully, they think that too. Finally, the invigilator asked the last question. They asked if I ever have a chance to work overseas, would I go. I gave them 1 definite answer, YES! Blah…Another convincing answer for the invigilators. Hope so. Ok, I'm allowed to leave their sight now. Haha! Hey! They only asked me 3 questions! I think that was good. Does it show I did talk a lot and it's enough for them to give me marks? Hopefully. Just have to pray hard. Overall, I feel great. I think I have done my best and there's no regret! For now, it's may God bless me.

Have to focus on my Chem/Bio practical now. It's on Saturday. Work hard and strive for excellence!

Talking about yesterday, I dream that Minyi took away my New Paper where there's Ian Thorpe's photo in it!! Haha! Isn't that funny. Actually, I can't really remember. I only remembered when I saw Minyi in school. Wahaha! This really amused me alot! Haha!

Lastly, I must thanks Ling Hui for reminding me to bring my IC and entry proof for today oral. Thanks alot! I feel so lucky. That might also be the reason that I did well (my own perspective).

Ok, ok, really the last time....I feel really sorry for Hui Xin for what's happening in her family. May God bless her.

No comments: