Friday, May 6, 2011

GE 2011 - Workers' Party last rally @ Serangoon Stadium

Although I am not under Aljunied GRC or Hougang SMC, I went for Workers' Party rally last night to feel the atmosphere and also, to hear their candidates' speech. Probably the best touching moment was when Pritam Sign leads everyone to say the Singapore National Pledge. I finally understand what people said that when they attend Workers' Party rally, they feel the Singapore's spirit again! This is what I call, CONNECT with the citizens. 


Around 5pm, there were already some people waiting patiently for the rally to start. 

1 cute uncle walking around with his DIY workers' party flag.

May the 'hammer' be with you.


Auntie and uncle preparing for a battle...


They wave the Workers' party flag proudly. 


It has been a very long time that I have not seen people doing something that they are really proud of.



More creative people coming up with their own flag deisgn. Haha.

The new hammer flag! 


The crowd went wild when the party's candidates went on stage. The atmosphere was even better than attending a Justin Bieber's concert. LOL.

'Vote WP'! The most creative item I have seen so far. This is what I call, PASSION.  


The amazing crowd. 


At the back of the stadium. I don't have a good camera to capture the whole view. 


It reads, 'Singaporean got guts, people of Aljunied got even more guts!" 


A closer view.


It reads, "Ministers earning millions, the amount that they can't even finish spending in 5 years. Citizens can only choose to work very hard. Hold a hammer and fight it out with them (the ministers)" Sorry for my bad translation. Haha! 


I am not ungrateful to my government and I appreciate what they have done to bring us thus far. I thanks them for all their hardwork to make Singapore such a nice place to live in in the past. However, I can't say the same for the current batch of ministers. I don't wish to say much as I believe everyone has already decided who to vote for on the 7th May. 

VOTE FOR A CHANGE! 

3 comments:

Kelvin said...

I am from Tampines, its a grc. Hope to see some changes tomorrow.

Anonymous_X said...

Fantastic shots! (I like the value-added translation. Haha!)

The pictures are much better than my night shots of WP rally for Nee Soon GRC at Yishun Stadium on Labour Day. Heh.

Zazabong said...

Wow! I didn't get to attend any rally but the atmosphere does look very happening from the pics and videos I've seen over the week.